We are looking for bright people to join us…
We are a passionate group who thrive on providing a fast, efficient service to our clients. We are looking for individuals ready to come together and get involved with a great team of people to make this happen.
If you’d like to join our team, please send an up-to-date copy of your CV to email@example.com along with a covering letter and scanned copies of any relevant qualifications.
We also welcome speculative applications, so if you feel as though your skills and qualifications might be a good fit within our team, please do get in touch.
||Payroll and Business Administration Assistant
||Office based, Huddersfield, HD2
|Hours of Work:
||25 hours per week – 30 minutes lunch
Some flexibility may be required according to work load.
To work within the Accounts Team preparing statutory accounts and other services for a client base of around 500 clients.
- Assist payroll team with duties
- Process payroll as per client requirements
- Calculate wages and deductions
- Check hours and calculate overtime rates
- Ensure all employees’ meet the National Minimum Wage rate of pay
- Process maternity/paternity and /or SSP
- Set up and process new employees
- Process leavers
- Issue payslips and pension correspondence to employees
- Issue HMRC tax forms (P45/P46)
- Assist with payroll year ends
- Assist with preparation of P11ds
- Able to work well under pressure, use initiative and work within strict deadlines
- Possess good attention to detail and take pride in all tasks undertaken
- Able to work in a team environment, supporting colleagues when required
- Flexible regarding additional hours especially at month end
- Able to communicate effectively at all levels and have the ability to listen and interpret instructions
- Courteous and good telephone manner essential
- Open to change and keen to learn new skills
Technical Skills & Qualifications
- Numerate and a good standard of literacy skills
- Must be computer literate with a strong working knowledge of Microsoft Outlook, Excel and Word
- A minimum of 2 years’ experience within an a payroll department
- Knowledge of payroll software, particularly Sage Line 50 Payroll
- Knowledge of auto-enrolment and re-enrolment requirement
In the first instance please call Jill Jones on 07778 182887 or email your details through on firstname.lastname@example.org